Sunday, June 5, 2011

Ease Up

I will admit that I take supplements that increase my testosterone levels. Increasing test levels are one of the main goals of my supplement taking but not the only goal. Now, I do not take steroids and I never have and never will. I don’t judge people who do take steroids. I believe that steroids get a negative stereotype from the exaggerated side effects usually only encountered by people who abuse them. I’ll leave this discussion for another day though.

I regularly take natural supplements such as protein, amino acids, and vitamins, but I have also taken artificial supplements that have more direct and noticeable effects. These products increase my testosterone levels and any effects related to testosterone (manly stuff). Now I didn’t start growing insane amounts of facial hair but some things did change.

One of the things that increased, or decreased depending on how you look at it, was my temper. This probably affected my girlfriend more than anyone. Looking back on it I really am sorry I had her go through my ridiculous mood swings. Making her deal with me putting my fist through doors and yelling like a maniac was nothing short of madness. I have to give her props for putting up with my foolish antics.

I’m not posting this to scare you away from supplements because everyone reacts differently. My roommate has taken almost all the same supplements and never experienced the same negative effects as I did. Experiment with them and slowly work your way up, trying more potent supplements only after you have tried the basic, simple ones. You do not even need to use supplements. Many people have gotten strong, in shape, or big without any supplements. I do not take anything artificial currently and, because of the effectiveness of my workouts, I am still enjoying consistent gains.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think taking supplements is a bad thing at all. Sometimes a person needs a little extra boost to get the results that they are seeking. Anyone who thinks that is the easy way out is being in my opinion a little bit ignorant. I don't know about taking steroids though. That is a little too extreme for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I agree with you on your point about the steroids but they do get more negative publicity than is necessary. The horror stories you hear about them are almost always about people who seriously abuse them. But as I said I will go into detail another day with another post.

    ReplyDelete