Friday, June 17, 2011

Last rep

I’m no personal trainer so I wasn’t able to develop any workout plans for you but I hope that my tips helped you along the way. I gave you some pretty specific and expert tips to mix up your workouts. As I said in my first post, plateaus are some of the most aggravating experiences in weight lifting and can be the hardest periods to break.
Everyone knows the basic, simple workout plan. Hit every muscle group once a week, do a few exercises per muscle group and do 10-12 reps. This will give you your initial results but eventually you will flatten out. Hopefully I have helped you push through the tough days and get results. I have even helped myself. As I am trying to develop new posts, I am doing research and finding things that I have never used or heard of before.
This only proves one of my points even better. I am an extreme advocate of research. I believe that research is the most beneficial thing when it comes to weight lifting (and almost anything else too). You WILL find new ideas and tactics to help blow you up.
If you are still discouraged for whatever reason do not give up. Weight training is one of the best ways to prevent injury, increase strength, size, and definition. It also improves your mental focus and will power. Lifting is also a great way to reduce stress and is a place where you can just “get away”. No matter how much of a rut you get in, you can somehow always get out of it. It all depends what body type you are and as I’ve said before, everyone is different; you just need to find what works for YOU.
Well this is it and I really hope I have helped even only one person get bigger, stronger, or just restore hope. Keep lifting and stay motivated.

1 comment:

  1. You have provided some very helpful tips through your posts. I agree that working out is a great stress relief and it helps with keeping everything in perspective. You have proved that you definitely know what you are talking about and i know this has helped everyone that is interested in weight training.

    ReplyDelete